First United Methodist Church

FUMChurch

The congregation built the church, which was the first in Shreveport, in 1845. Henry R. T. Cratch, a Shreveport carpenter, was contracted on November 19, 1844 to construct the frame building on Market Street. The total cost of construction amounted to about $1,000. The church was forty-feet-long, thirty-five-feet wide, and sixteen-feet-high. Four windows on each side and two additional windows at the pulpit end lighted the interior.

Antioch Baptist Church/ Shreveport, La.

First United Methodist Church/ Shreveport, La.

Strand Theatre/ Shreveport, La.